If you are an art collector... Thank you! What would the art world be like without you? Our museums and galleries would be empty, artists would lose a platform to grow from, and all our lives would have less meaning.

If you simply like to brag about Bernie's work... a special THANK YOU! This program is designed for my art collectors and braggarts who want to make $$$ by referring my available paintings to their friends, family, and acquaintances as potential patrons… does this sound like something you would be interested in?… Read more….


Tuesday

"Sean Dempsey and the Rare Auld Times" by Bernie Rosage Jr.


"Sean Dempsey and the Rare Auld Times"
30x24" oil on stretched canvas
SOLD ~ PRIVATE COLLECTION

click on image to enlarge...

This painting was inspired by a couple of photos I took while in Ireland in addition to one of my favorite Irish songs. Photo #1 was a Dublin pub sign that read "Guinness and Dublin in the Rare Auld Times"... Photo #2 was actually taken in Galway City of this old salt enjoying a pint of the black stuff outside a Galway pub. I added the harp for it’s significance as Ireland’s official national symbol and the trademark logo of Guinness. The name for the piece comes from one of my favorite Irish folk songs... "Dublin in the Rare Auld Times" which mentions Sean Demsey... thus the title for this painting. This painting is special to me because it was one of the first in the collection and old Sean looked over my shoulder as I worked at my easel on the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment