If you are an art collector... Thank you! What would the art world be like without you? Our museums and galleries would be empty, artists would lose a platform to grow from, and all our lives would have less meaning.

If you simply like to brag about Bernie's work... a special THANK YOU! This program is designed for my art collectors and braggarts who want to make $$$ by referring my available paintings to their friends, family, and acquaintances as potential patrons… does this sound like something you would be interested in?… Read more….


Sunday

"100% Cotton" by Bernie Rosage Jr.


SOLD...Vincent, OH... Thanks Carol!
"100% Cotton"... 14x11" Oil on canvas, painted alla prima from life, Bernie Rosage Jr., 2009. Cick on image to enlarge...
$300 unframed
$15 S&H

Close-up image...
.

Growing up in the coastal plains region of North Carolina snow is something I see once a year if I'm lucky. Cotton fields with their white expanse are as close as I get. I set up this small branch of cotton in a "Ball" jar with an old iron in the studio and painted it from life. Why cotton?... It's conflicting textures of roughness and smoothness and the mere fact that most people don't know what cotton looks or grows like were the motivating factors behind this one. I hope you enjoy it... cotton still makes me think of snow.

1 comment: